In the past year, the European Confederation of Woodworking Industries, CEI-Bois, has developed a common data dictionary and common data templates to enable manufacturers to digitise their product data and make it available in a machine-readable and standardised format.
Being involved in the standardisation work at CEN to develop standards for the woodworking industry, CEI-Bois based their digitalisation efforts on the product and test standards created by the following technical committees at CEN:
- TC 112:
- EN 13986 – Wood-based panels for use in construction – Characteristics, evaluation of conformity and marking
- TC 175:
- EN 14915 – Solid wood panelling and cladding – Characteristics, evaluation of conformity and marking and
- EN 14342 – Wood flooring and parquet – Characteristics, evaluation of conformity and marking
- TC 124:
- EN 14080 – Timber structures – Glued laminated timber and glued solid timber – Requirements
- EN14374 – Timber structures – Structural laminated veneer lumber Requirements
- EN 14081-1 – Timber structures – Strength graded structural timber with rectangular cross section – Part 1: General requirements
- EN 15497 – Structural finger jointed solid timber – Performance requirements and minimum production requirements
Thanks to CEI-Bois’ digitalisation efforts these standards are now available to all European construction actors in a digital format, as Data Templates, that can be downloaded from a designated page on the CEI-Bois website.
Learn more about CEI-Bois’ digitalisation work